Sunday, December 26, 2010

Best Songs of 2010

I have been going over and reading a lot of "Best of" Lists, it somehow seems that picking anywhere between 10-50 songs to represent a year, or heaven help us a decade is somehow going to justify what we listen to. I consider all "Best of" pieces, as an opinion piece. It should be, what is going to make my list may not make your list, and what may make your list, I may frown, scowl and question what it is that you are hearing that I am not. I also think each person's best of list tells the story of their year. I know that mine does. So this is my opinion on the songs that are the best of the year for me. The list is in no certain order because, each holds a spot and is a favorite for its own reason, and I am not going to wage a competition between moments of the year for me.

Songs of  2010

1.Nothing But the Whole Wide World- Jakob Dylan

2.Piece by Piece Frame by Frame- Deer Tick

3. If Time Was For Wasting- Dylan Leblanc

4. Rave on Sad Songs - Jason Collett

5. High Road- Broken Bells

6. War Machine- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

7. Long Way Down- The Romany Rye

8. New York City's Killing Me- Ray LaMontagne

9. Hand of God- Jason Boesel

10. Hey Lover- Blake Mills

11. One More Night In Brooklyn- Justin Townes Earle

12.What He Wrote- Laura Marling

13. 40 Day Dream- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

14. We Never Win- Nathanial Ratliff

15. Champaign Illinois- the Old 97's

16. Slipin and Slidin- Justin Townes Earle

17. White Table- Delta Spirit

18. One of These Bottles- Caitlin Rose

19.Angst for the Memories- The Wooden Sky

20. No Better Than This- John Mellencamp

No comments:

Post a Comment