Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Favorite Records of 2010

This year, at least for me has been an oustanding year for music.Thanks to websites like Daytrotter, and the now defunct Lala.com, that allow you to explore national and regional music. The sessions that Daytrotter does,are incredible. What they draw out of an artist, and the creativity allowed create some truly amazing moments.  Also this year for openers, has been eye opening, I like the fact that it's going back to bands putting packages together as opposed to promoters. I think it makes for a better show, and gives the opprutunity for all to earn new fans.

My 2010 List (in no particular order)
Delta Spirit- History From Below
BRMC- Beat The Devil's Tattoo
Laura Marling- I Speak Because I Can
Dylan Leblanc- Pauper's Field
Jason Boesel- Hustler's Son
Justin Townes Earle- Harlem River Blues
Nathaniel Ratliff-  In Memory of Loss
Ray LaMontagne- God Willin and the Creek Don't Rise
The Romany Rye- Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment