Monday, September 27, 2010

Morbid and Awesome

Okay so Emily sent me this link http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/awesome_of_the_day/2010/09/have-your-ashes-pressed-into-vinyl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I would so do this, its only 24 minutes though, and in my own self indulgence I am already considering the songs opening track goes to

Young Winds- Ryan Adams
Take Me Out of The City- Dawes
Blue Sky Blues- Ryan Adams
Hymn- Tim Locke (just for that special touch of akward)

I relied heavily on this song when CJ passed, it was the one time that I sent a song to friends hoping that they found the same peace in it that I did. It's a song, that I found when I needed it most and I think that its proabably the closest to peace I came in those weeks when I let myself cry to this song. I rarely listen to this song.

Hymn is on the list just for that special touch of akward, that only a line like " Lord I desire to walk with thee, but it is clear your not with me" I will giggle when people shift in their seats to that song, and hopefully they get the irony of it.

1 comment:

  1. You sent it to me...and I did rely heavily on it. Not only did it let me come to peace with him not being here anymore, it helped me feel closer to you (both in distance and in spirit). It's still hard to listen to, but at the same time I don't think the melody has ever left me, like it's floating just above me and I can reach up and grasp onto it whenever I need to.

    ReplyDelete